It's February 17th, exactly 24 years ago I was born at Miri General Hospital. I'm not too keen in my wildest dream that I would celebrate one of my birthdays very far away from home. Currently writing this post in Silom Road, Bangkok, Thailand.
Yes, I bought an Air Asia ticket nearly 2 months back planning to celebrate this eventful day of mine here. The day I left LCCT on Thursday, I was practically not prepared at all for this trip although I had a few discussion and revision with my boyfriend of what to do during my weekend stay. So I used that as my rough guideline.
There were a few things that I had to do or visit, that is:
1. Grand Palace
2. Chatuchak
3. Babylon
4. DJ Station
5. MBK
6. Siam Square
My first step at the Bangkok International Airport, my heart was pumping mad and my mind kept on running. What? How? Where? And things like that. But I told myself to calm down, and just enjoy every minute of it. I was told how the Thai people are so friendly, and indeed they were. The every hour I'm lost in Bangkok, that moment I thanked those many Thai people I bumped and made sign language to ask for direction. One memorable event was at Chatuchak. This lady was selling satays on the street vendors, and I was looking for a toilet. I had the map but I was so lost. So I approached her, and she quickly pinched my shirt and dragged me to the toilet. I mean it was so nice and crazy too where she had to leave her food burning just to take care of my insensitivity!
The day I turn 24, I spent nearly 3000 Baht just to pamper myself. I'm a money spender, and I don't spend on things that I like but things I like to get for my family and friends. I'm not nice, but just simply me. At Chatuchak, I was planning to spend around 1000 Baht but digged in my wallet to add another 1000 Baht. I bought a new shoe, some accesories for myself. And of course the many many gifts for my love ones.
My handphone kept on ringing with the incoming messages, and many unexpected friends wished me and while some friends I hoped for did not. Whatever. I'm still happy.
When I get back to home, I would want to remember this trip really well because it was my first trip overseas where I had to do everything alone. From buying the air fare, travelling, planning and all. I think its the right sign that I'm matured and brave and bold. Of course, I'm 24 what!
Oh by the way, with Sunday and Monday to go I roughly have like 2000 Baht to count on. I'm actually running away from the budget I made earlier thanks to the innocent trip to Chatuchak! I hope I won't make many silly shopping kills again, which I am very weak at that. My destination on the list for Sunday is to walk around the malls, just window shopping! Damn. Unless if I were to spend, then Sunday night I have to make myself up and lure some ugly old white man and ask for 1500 Baht for my service! That's the desperate part! Hahah.

No comments:
Post a Comment