I realised that my 4th semester is really moving on pretty fast. Eventhough the final seems to be like 2 months away, with the many on going activities on college this coming few weeks would just make it come as early.
I was voted President yesterday for the Communication Society. Boo hoo, what's not new. Everyone knew I was gunning for that seat, so nobody was so keen to challenge me. Sorry if I'm too popular on campus, thanks to the 5 minutes appearance on One in A Million and also my little starring role in Puteri Gunung Ledang the Musical.
I wanted to lead a society in this semester because, looking at what happened the last year I know there can be many things be done to make campus like more happening. In my winning speech, I assured that Communication Society will live to its billing as a cool and happening society and making sure that our campus too lives to it! No one applaud. I wish I was back at Taylor's, and the respond could have been wilder!
So what plans do I have in mind. Besides having the usual competitions for public speaking, debating etc I have also opinionated to have a workshop on building communication with media. I plan is to invite creative people from the industry, maybe like Astro or TV3 to conduct some workshop or perhaps a talk to the students here.
One major major idea is also to organise this mega event in August, where it coincides with the National 50th Independance Day. What I have in mind is to have events every week, building up to the last week when the main event takes place to celebrate on the 31st. This would include theatre plays, dance and band competitions, seminars and conferences on media and communication and of course a concert.
This is after all a plan.
I need to work on with my committee now on the proposal and budget, and hopefully our stingy Management will visualise this as a tool to market our halpless University College.

No comments:
Post a Comment