Just some pictures I wanted to share from my last Xmas trip to Sarawak. Long overdued but some of it narrates a story.
This is me who so want to be the kampung boy. Tha fact that everytime I go back, I will try not to get my hands really dirty. The most I can do is just feeding the hens. Other manly chores, like going to the jungle for hunting...just so not me.
This trophy is from the many many regettas (or you may be famillar it with the long boat race) won by WiraJude. It's a race boat built by my dad dated back in the early 1990's. WiraJude can accommodate to a maximum 20 paddlers at a time, and has won many races in Brunei, Limbang and the furthest to Kuching. I vividly remember when I was 11years old in Miri, when WiraJude raced in the Lutong river. The most anticipating moment was when I hear family and friends, relatives cheering WiraJude repeatedly! I'm like, gowd, I'm the wira! You won't know how it felt back then. Just like in cloud 9.
There was another season going on during the festive season. It was also the durian season. I'm so blessed that both my grandparents has a durian farm. Gosh, if I were to invite you in my holiday ride I guess you might get fed up by the third day because every meal this King fruit would be served. I think I ate so much that I blotted up. I have to wait for next year again to taste my own Durian!
Mr Piggy, was slaughtered for a lunch bbq hosted by a cousin. Well it was a bit of a reunion gathering for all cousins from the Semenanjung, Brunei, Sabah, Singapore and Australia. Pity him, but we were all so freaking hungry as most of us skipped breakfast for this. Sorry if you're a Muslim, just can't help it to share the joy of being a headhunter again!Note: The Lun Bawangs are known for their headhunting skills, before the intrusion of Rajah Brooke to Sarawak in the early 19th century.

1 comment:
Wah, regatta medals! Cool :)
And glad to know we really do have gay men everywhere!
Post a Comment