I was privilledge to be at a book launch of one local writer, where I saw the many socielites minggling around with the food and beverage. It was a scene where you totally cannot resist seeing that they were not to be attentive to the three readers but it was a moment to see your friends, and gossip on other things and not the book.
It was also a moment where you might be bumping to an old friend or colleague and another conversation would rose. Then another, and another. Oh, it might also be the night where you would be tossing your business card around like this one man whom I coincidently saw at different time giving out his name card. Euuu...
I was there to perform a lyrical piece from a Turkish music with two other friends. Well it happen to be my ex's close friend book launch, so that was how I made it into the picture. I enjoyed doing my piece, because as one celebrated dancer it's always your pleasure to express the language of your body through the many forms of dance. Yesterday's was my own inspiring piece.
I'm leaving to Penang today. The communication student of my University College is participating in this ADWAVE 07 event organised by the Mass Communication school of USM. This is the 10th annual event, and at tomorrow's workshop one of our speaker would be Yasmin Ahmed. One of the reason I'm actually taking this trip with great enthusiasm besides me being the President of the Communication Society, this would also be one of the major activities this year.
Will be back on Saturday afternoon, when the evening I have to endure in an all night long rehearsal with my cheerleading team. Because the very next day we will be competing with 10 other groups around town at Cineleisure Damansara for the Charm Cheerleading Championships. It is tough, mind boggling and irritating to be one of the most hunted teams. Living to the everyone's expectation the only one thing I could ask for is to please them that is to win obviously. Let see how that goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment