Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm leaving on the 7.25am flight to my hometown, Miri under the expense of my aunt. Apparently she heard of the news from mum that I was involved with the PGL musical, and how I successfully choreographed 2 consecutives native dance for the Gawai celebration in KL. So without hesitation, she booked me for 5 days to teach some young natives to prepare them for the upcoming state level Gawai celebration.
This would be a huge task simply because the dance that I'm choreographing would represent the whole picture of the community itself. I did my research a little bit, and adding with my knowledge and my vast talent I have somewhat created a routine, or simply a showcase that would revolve around the Lun Bawang community.
I recieved a piece which was emailed to me from aunt late last year, a compose of the original busak pakui song with a twist produced by the RTM Sarawak people. For me, it was a new breathe of sound and something I would prefer to use rather than the old boring tunes. I'm using this piece as the heavy background, and with the help of one kind friend I would mix this tune with some other sound mixes too to make it more interesting piece.
It is nice to know that I will be heading my way to my birth place. I certainly know there would be many changes since the last visit in 1999. One things for sure, there should be more PLUs then before! And shopping places to go to.
I'm still suffering from the Bangkok wetdream, but I will try to pass that out soon before I land at Miri airport. Because I'm on a working visit, and if I don't perform well on this task it would definetly not be good for me either.

No comments: