As I touched down at LCCT on Sunday evening from Jakarta, it was reality check once again that I had to focus my mind to the event.
So how was Jakarta? Indeed it was an eye opening trip for me. Since it was Chombi's first trip to Indonesia, I made things easy and not plan much except for hoping to visit a club. That was it.
As I reached around noon on Friday at Sukarnoe-Hatta International Airport, my friends from ICC (Indonesian Cheerleading Community) were already there waiting. Twas' a great reunion since I last met them in April here in Kuala Lumpur.
They brought me for lunch. Batak food. Quite spicy. In short, everything I had was spicy. No comment from a non-chillie fan. As they put me to check in at Hotel Mahadraja, I was asked to be ready by 4pm to visit a training session with the AllStars team. I got back to the Hotel only slight after 10pm that evening itself from the Senayan Stadium where they had the training. So it was a quiet evening as I had to save my energy for a whole one day clinic on Saturday.
The one day clinic organised by the ICC was aimed to promote and introduce cheerleading to the cheerleaders there. The Indonesian cheerleading teams are the only few countries in the world still using the old techniques, in which I was there in the bid to change the mindset and all. I also had the privilledge to meet a few (almost all) cheerleading activists on Saturday evening. I was there to convinve them of the need to change their program and so forth. Thank God, it worked.
Chombi will be going back to Jakarta and possibly Bandung after Raya for a series of clinics.
I only had my Sunday morning and afternoon to shop, but that wasn't enough to pick what I wanted. No fret. I had at least my Batik shirt to show off now.

No comments:
Post a Comment