Saturday, May 14, 2005

Saran Genit 1901 - 2005

My great grandmother, ibu' Saran Genit passed away 7am today of old age. My Ibu' was 104yo.

Ibu' Saran was the youngest daughter of the Mr. Genit, the most fearful headhunter in northern region of Sarawak in the late 19th century. Ibu' married the late Silo who was also an offspring of a famous headhunter.

I don't really have much to share about her because I was not very close to her. The last time I saw her in person was in 1997. Although I went back to Sarawak last Christmas, I did not had the privillage to meet her. Perhaps for the last time.

Sad to see her go. She is the eldest Lun Bawang to live til date. A record that is really unimaginable. The reason why she lived that long, according to my dear cousin is that she served her life with respect. She was a helpful person, and kind. And till today, all her children (including my grandma) aged between 80 - 50 are all still in good health!

Bala ku' kuan ibu' led:
Ui' mutu' Tuhan agar ibu' dalam keadaan lek' do'
Idi' Tuhan nguit ibu' ame syurga.
Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may god bless her soul..