First time I know of Sepet was back in January when I say the banners. I thought it was some regional film, maybe Singapore. Never thought it was local until I tengok name Yasmin Ahmad!
Last Saturday my darling sisters went out to watch it at KLCC before our Musicthec rendezvous. He said it was a nice movie. Day after, my boyfriends went pulak to Midvalley and watch it (with me absent!) and they pretty seem to like it. So why want to wait, of course I wanna rush to TGV and watch Sepet!
I went for a midnight show on Monday, just to check it out. I was curious with everything. I know its Yasmin's directorial debut. We all know her from her Petronas ads. The introduction was really nice, something new. So I decided that this would be a nice watch.
Result: I loved the 110 minutes of the movie. So many things were real. the language, the relationship, the culture, the pasar atmospheare. I would even give credit to the shots. Nicely taken. Even though I was not really happy with some of the scene which was censored by the Board overall this is a nice start for Malaysian movies. Please do not compare this to Sembilu, or a typical Malay commercial movie. Yasmin did her homework. Perhaps in some matters maybe not. But credits should be given to her work. I enjoyed munching my popcorn while going through every scene and every line. Both leads (newcomers, mind u!) did it great. They are so cute together. The ending was a bit confusing, makes you to grudge and think so hard trying to understand what the f**k was Yasmin trying to do!
After today, I will definetly love to see Sepet couples (Chinese guy and Malay girl) going out. I think its sexy. Well if we can have Metrosexual guys, Bohsias, then we should also welcome the Sepets!
Eh......I pun Sepet!

No comments:
Post a Comment