
So I was approached by my dear cousin for a cultural performance last week. At first I was not too keen to do it as by the way she described the event, it was not up to what I would like to contribute in. But then again I thought why would I want to be sceptical about it since I don't have much to do these few days. And for the good cause I agreed to help choreograph our native dance for this showcase.
In mind, I only thought that this performance was to be performed for the students of University Malaya. This was from all the informations I could grasp from my cousin whom she herself could not fork the itinerary out because all the necessary information was with my auntie who happens to be an activist in the group.
When we assembled for the first rehearsal, I started off the choreography at the minimal as I did not want to make it so complicated. Just the usual ones I have produce in the past. But as soon my dearest auntie step to the rehearsal hall with the event flyer. My jaw dropped to its biggest scale! For goodness sack, I am about to choreograph our native dance for a festival. Not just some festival but the Hornbill Festivall where big people and gazillion publics throng in to watch.
So what else? I made up my mind to focus the next one week for this showcase. I quickly took charge and plot up a new choreography. With little time in hand, and only a handful of volunteers to dance, I was to do something that is out of my sight.
I just hope it will work this weekend, especially with all the fuss getting all the traditional costumes and gears from here and there. And pestering my auntie in Miri to urgently mail me the folks music.
So apart from my native, the Lun Bawang, which I will be presenting the Alai Nguan and Busak Pakui dance, other natives or tribes sending thier troupe for the cultural performance segment are the Ibans, Bidayuh, Orang Ulu, Kelabit, Bisaya and Melanau. These are the heabyweights.
Well if you're around the area you should just hope in and experience the Sarawak cultural exposure for the night.


No comments:
Post a Comment