Friday, November 09, 2007

Welcome to Penang! I was over there the last weekend for 4 days. On Saturday, right after my last exam paper I hurried myself with my backpack to the oldrailway station in KL. I was a little bit upset because the KTM service that very day was really slow. A snail could have reached much earlier! But anyway, I was excited for this planned trip as I was to meet my ex over there who was on a contract event job. This could complicate things, going for a holidays with your ex and what not. But I wanted a true companion and who else to be the perfect suite.

We stayed at Tanjung Bunga Beach Resort, thats 20 minutes from town and about 10 minutes to Batu Feringgi.

Enjoying the beach all I can! The last time I remember having fun on the beach was a decade ago in Miri. What else to make the fun one notch up with my perfect tou toech jump! Hah! These was the 13th shot anyway, my beloved cameraman was still adjusting to his new part time job.

Sorry, this is me in my poyo pose! It's like so mat rempit!

This is queing at the "best nasi kandar in penang" the Line Clear Nasi Kandar at Chao Rasta Street. I had a portion but I thought I had a better one at another nearby Nasi Kandar. Hmmmm.

Another food cuisine. The Famous Penang Chendol. Maybe because I was already blotted up with the other tiny bits of food I had on the street so the chendol didn't do much for me. Just opposite that stall stood another one which had the same "Famous Penang Chendol" tagline on their signage. But as I stood 5 minutes trying to consume mine, all the passer by eventually stops at the one where we were at. Interesting.

The last day, we went up to Penang Hill aka Bukit Bendera. The journey up on the hill railway train took nearly 20 minutes. It was slow and all you could do at that moment was to appreciate the surrounding nature.

This is acknowledgely the first batch of the railway train made of wood. The Penang Hill first started to roll in 1927 with the fund support from the British Government. It costs 1.6million straits dollars at that time to build the project.

What can you get out of true excitement? The pain! I fell down the slippery stairs of Bukit Bendera. Fcuk it all!
The last stop, the temple. I was already wired down but my ex so insisted to go. There was this huge bell where you can knock it and eventually you will be strucked with good luck. Do I really need one after my fall? No thanks.

This was a perfect present for the hardwork for exams I went through and I'm looking forward for my next trip to Bangkok in January! A 25th birthday gift!

No comments: